Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May Day

April showers bring May flowers and I loved playing with this new clear set from Hero Arts, #CL526 "To/From Petals." The words are also a Hero Arts clear set #CL380 "Truly Appreciated." The decorative border punch is from Martha Stewart, and the background embossing folder is from Sizzix, "Dotted Swiss."



I thought this little girl from Penny Black, #4048H "Sweet Thing", would make a perfect Birthday card for my niece's birthday next week. The cupcake she is holding is popped up with pop dots for added dimension. The words are from Lockhart Stamp Co. #1001. I used another Sizzix embossing folder for the background on this card. I just love the look of all the embossing folders so much, I have a hard time deciding which one to use.


Also from Hero Arts is this set called Birthday Frames, #CL528. I wanted to use more than just one of the images on a card, so I decided to make a Stair Step card where I could include most of the images.There are also some pink, light lavender, and purple Pima flowers with tiny pearls for centers on three of the steps, but now well shown in this photo.


And, for today, last but not least, is a sweet little card using the final stamp that comes with the Hero Arts set "Birthday Frames", #CL528. I wanted something cheerful to go along with this happy little chick and the yellow checked background paper really made it pop. I cut the chicky frame out by hand, mounted him on coordinating card stock, then cut again by hand and mounted it with pop dots. The words are from the Hero Arts Set #CL528 "Birthday Frames."

1 comment:

liannallama said...

Paula you really made such cute cards! I love the polka dots with the blue and white--it always looks so fresh!