Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our Craft Lounge Stamps

Stamps available from Stampin' EJ.

Stamps available from Stampin' EJ.

Stamps available from Stampin' EJ.
Our Crafts Lounge makes the cutest stamps and this floral set is no exception! 

I thought it would be fun to show you two completely different style cards you can make using the set. 

The birthday card on the left showcases the stamps used as paper-piecing.  I stamped the bold flowers and leaves in bright colors using a pretty brown ink and cut them out.  Then I made a background using the circle stamps that are included in the set to add a fun party look to the card. 

The sentiment "Happy Birthday" is from Penny Black and is also available from Stampin' EJ. For the flower centers, I placed buttons and then put jumbo off-center pearls to add a touch of whimsy then popped the whole flower arrangement using foam tape.

For the second card I stamped using my black memento ink and then colored the flowers in various shades of gray. I outlined the flowers using my French Gray Prismacolor pencil to add a little depth and shadow.  Adding some rhinestones to the flower centers makes the flowers really stand out.  For a final touch I matted it with black to give an elegant appearance.

No comments: